Monday, November 20, 2006

New Team

I have been contemplating a new cycling team for quite a while. I'm not getting much out of Nature Valley. I have tried, repeatedly, to be more involved, to grow the club, to participate. But the club leadership is focused pretty much exclusively on the A team. Now many of the star players that I got to ride with in the winter are gone. And I didn't ride with them at all this summer, anyway.

Maybe it's as much my focus as much as anything that's changed. It may not be the club at all. In any case, a new environment is in order.

So, I'm riding for Loon State Cyclists in 2007. More (way more) guys at the track. Way more club involvement with the sport in terms of promoting races and participating in the community. I'm very grateful to Flat City and the A road team there for everything I learned, and to Penn Cycle and Nature Valley for their support. I would have never stayed this involved or probably achieved as much as I have without the incentive of the team.

I'm pumped for the 2007 season already. Now I just have to keep my self relaxed and enjoying the training, not increase the volume and intensity too early. I really want to be in top form the last week of July through the 3rd week of August. That's a long time from now. I've got a lot of time to enjoy myself before I get too intense. Time to loose 3 - 4 kilos. Time to improve my technique and efficiency. Time to enjoy my cycling and my training.

1 comment:

Skibby said...

Yeah! Moose, Skibby, Dubay, Tenacious T, The Shark, Teddy Bear and the Donimator on the track, we'll rule! Think we won't???