Monday, June 05, 2006

Bike Loser Part 2

Ok, I'm a little better now.

I did a long ride on Sunday afternoon. I averaged almost 21 MPH for over 3 hours. That's pretty hot for me. I think I realized that I'm at about the same stage I was at in early May last year: I could pull like a horse (or Ox), but my high end isn't there yet. I couldn't have done 3 hours at that pace last year, so progress is good. I just need to focus on training my speed skills and my high end power. Which is just where I was last year at the beginning of May. Since I haven't raced much (Ken Woods and 2x Opus), I'm just not there yet.

I forgot how much effort I put into sprinting and repeatability last year. The workouts where I thought I was going to puke, my lungs and legs screaming. Time to get back at it.

The good news: I got child care for Thursday, so time to race the track! See ya there!

No comments: